New York Cheesecake with Raspberry Coulis and Salted Caramel Whisky Sauce
15 Graham crackers
3 tbsp butter, melted
4 – 8 oz. pkg cream cheese
2 cups sugar
1 cup sour cream
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup flour
6 oz. raspberries
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch springform pan with a little butter.
2. Crush the graham crackers in a food processor or blender. Stir in melted butter and press into the bottom of the springform pan to form a crust.
3. In a large mixing bowl, use a mixer to whip together the cream cheese and sugar until creamy.
4. Add the eggs and sour cream, and beat on low until incorporated.
5. Add the vanilla extract and flour and stir until incorporated. Pour mixture into the springform pan.
6. Bake in the centre rack of the oven for 1 hour. Do not open the door. At the end of the hour, turn off the oven, keeping the door closed. Let the cheesecake slowly cool in the oven for 5-6 hours to prevent cracking. Remove and refrigerate until ready to serve.
7. Before serving, make the raspberry coulis by combining raspberries, sugar and lemon juice in a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth. Press through a fine mesh sieve to remove seeds and pour it over the cheesecake. (Or, if you wish to simplify, buy raspberry coulis from your local grocery store.) Generously spoon the Salted Caramel Whisky sauce over cheesecake to garnish.
8. Remove the springform pan ring before serving. Keep cold.