Creamy Peppercorn Chicken Pot Pie
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
1 leek, thinly sliced
8 oz mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
2 stalks celery, finely diced
1 clove garlic, minced
Gourmet Inspirations Creamy Peppercorn Whisky sauce
1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
10 oz puff pastry
1 egg (for egg wash)
1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
2. In a medium cast iron pan, heat butter and olive oil over medium heat.
3. Add leek and cook 5 minutes.
4. Add mushrooms and celery and cook 10 minutes more until soft and starting to brown.
5. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
6. Add Gourmet Inspirations Creamy Peppercorn Whisky sauce to heat.
7. Add shredded chicken.
8. Either transfer mixture to another pot or leave in cast iron and let cool. Top with puff pastry, crimping the edges around the pot. In a small bowl whip egg with a drop of water to form an egg wash. Use this to lightly brush the top of the pot pie. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
9. Cook in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until puff pastry is puffy and golden on top. Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes before cutting into!