Salmon Fillets with strawberry Sauce
1. Arrange the salmon fillets, skin side down on a plate. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
2. Preheat a heavy skillet (nonstick or well-seasoned cast iron) over medium-high heat. Film the bottom with a small amount of oil and add the salmon, skin side down. Cook without moving until the skin is nicely seared and releases easily, 2 to 3 minutes. Carefully turn the fillets with tongs and continue cooking to desired doneness, 2 to 4 minutes additional.
3. Transfer the salmon to a plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
4. To serve, plate individual servings of salmon and drizzle with sauce. Stir-fried sugar snap peas and steamed white rice make perfect accompaniments.
Salad with strawberries, cucumber, feta, nuts with strawberry sauce
Divide the dressed lettuce among individual salad plates. Arrange the strawberries and cucumber slices on top, then drizzle with the remaining dressing. Top each portion with 1/2 tablespoon of pistachios and some basil. NOTE: Toast the pistachios in a small, dry skillet over medium-low heat for a few minutes, until fragrant and lightly browned. Cool completely before using.
Easy Strawberry Bruschetta
1 French baguette
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup goat cheese, room temperature
1 cup strawberries, sliced
Gourmet Inspirations Strawberry Balsamic with Basil Sauce
Fresh basil to taste, if desired
- Slice baguette and lightly drizzle each piece with olive oil. Toast the baguette pieces on a BBQ grill or in a cast iron pan on your stovetop.
- Toss the sliced strawberries with the Strawberry Balsamic with Basil sauce until well glazed.
- Spread softened goat cheese on each toasted baguette piece and top with strawberry mixture.
- Garnish with torn or sliced fresh basil leaves if desired.
Strawberry Balsamic Shortcake
2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
225 ml whipping cream
1 Tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp icing sugar
Gourmet Inspirations Strawberry Balsamic with Basil sauce
Buttermilk biscuits (or substitute with shortcake) – see recipe below
- Split biscuits in half or cut slices of shortcake and plate.
- Toss sliced strawberries with Strawberry Balsamic with Basil sauce.
- Spoon strawberry mixture on top of biscuits/shortcake.
- Using a hand mixer, beat whipping cream with vanilla and icing sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Top dessert with dollops of whipped cream.
2 cups flour
⅓ cups sugar
2 ½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ cup butter, cold and cut into small pieces
1 egg, lightly beaten
¼ cup cream
¼ cup buttermilk
- Mix the flour, sugar, powder, soda and salt with a whisk. Cut in butter until mixture looks like course meal.
- Combine egg, cream and buttermilk. Add cream mixture to flour mixture and mix just until it comes together.
- Knead the dough four or five times. On a lightly floured surface, roll or flatten dough to about ¾” thick. Cut with biscuit cutter (or a drinking glass!).
- If desired, brush the tops with cream and sprinkle on a little sugar.
Bake at 425 for about 15 minutes, until they are lightly browned.
Strawberry Balsamic Margarita
¼ cup tequila
1 tbsp orange-flavoured liqueur
1 tbsp lemon juice
¼ cup Gourmet Inspirations Strawberry Balsamic with Basil sauce
8 ice cubes
Combine all ingredients, except for the ice, in a blender and mix. Add ice and puree until the ice is crushed, approximately 30-60 seconds.