500 grams egg noodle pasta (Rede Made Noodles – MB made)
1 medium onion (small diced)
3 tbsp. canola oil
1 carrot (peeled and finely diced)
2 sticks celery (finely diced)
2 cups fresh pumpkin puree (To roast pumpkin: cut pumpkin in half, take out seeds with a spoon, place pumpkin flesh side down onto a baking sheet, add about ½ cup water to pan, roast in oven at 350F for about 1 hour)
½ tsp cumin (or more if you like)
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 tsp. brown sugar
4 tbsp. Gourmet Inspirations Creamy Peppercorn Whiskey Sauce (If unavailable, use 4 tbsp. regular sour cream with some salt and pepper added)
Garnish with Fresh Thyme and toasted cashews.
1) Cook pasta according to package directions.
2) Sautee onions in the oil over med/hi heat. Add carrots and celery. Continue to sautee for 2 minutes.
3) Add pumpkin puree. Add a small amount of water to get desired consistency.
4) Add spices and seasonings to taste (Be adventurous in this area… everyone’s taste buds are different… feel free to experiment!)
5) Top pasta with pumpkin mixture.
6) Garnish with some fresh thyme and toasted cashews.
7) Enjoy with your friends and a nice glass of white wine!